The full, raw conversation with Elizabeth Weise about the Ellen Pao v Kleiner Perkins Gender Discrimination trial
Special interviews and discussion about SxSW. Has it jumped the shark? Why do people go? (2:32)
What does Twitter's disabling of Meerkat's Graph Access mean for Twitter, Meerkat and Developers thinking about Twitter as a partner? (12:33)
In this weeks episode...
1. Facebook's new suicide prevention features - about time or trying to solve a human problem with technology?
2. Cocaine use and "East-coast habits" becoming a problem in Silicon Valley? (11:27)
3. Succeeding at Startups: Do you need to be in Silicon Valley? (23:20)
Stay listening right to the end for a little easter egg/behind the scenes snippet ;)
We want to hear from you! Send us feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or in comments on Facebook, Twitter and on Context.fm
On this weeks episode...
In today's episode we discuss...
1. Did the lack of Credibility in Mainstream Media contribute to the rise of Social Media and new news venues? (1:12)
Brian Williams has been caught exaggerating his Iraq War story. Jon Stewart calls out the media for not prosecuting real failures of Iraq War reporting. The disruption of Mainstream Media by Social Media is well covered, but what role does good old fashion trust play in the audience exodus? -
2. Anti-vaccination movement (18:10) Why is Silicon Valley failing to Vaccinate their kids? Why is Anti-Vaccination and general Anti-science thinking rising in the US? -
The full, raw conversation with Chris Messina about his involvement in the CNN series Sex, Drugs and Silicon Valley.
In this week's episode...
1. The Crunchies (1:33)
We use the events of TJ Miller and the Crunchies to discuss the broader image of Silicon Valley and it's opportunity moving forward.
2. CNN's "Sex, Drugs and Silicon Valley" series (14:28)
We discuss CNN's series about the tech scene and its impact on the people of silicon valley and how others might perceive new ideas on love and relationships.
3. Chris Messina Interview (25:04)
We have a conversation with Chris Messina about his involvement in the Sex, Drugs and Silicon Valley CNN series and his thoughts on non-monogamy in his life and the broader culture.
Raw Extended Interview: http://www.contextfm.com/episodes/2015/2/11/episode-2-crunchies-sex-drugs-and-silicon-valley
In this episode, Chris Saad and Brian Solis discuss three recent news stories and provide some context about what it all means.
1. Uber is evolving it's pitch to "Job creator" and "Environmental champion"
2. Microsoft announces HoloLens. How does it compare and contrast with Google Glass and Oculus Rift. Where will this kind of technology go?
3. "Women Shouldn't Code" - At least according to Francine Hardaway